A paper cone of hot fries and creamy sauce or dip is a crucial snack at any festival. You can’t go for the potato option, but you CAN go for the zucchini version, and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. We coat the zucchini fries in egg, ground almonds, parmesan and seasoning before frying them in rice bran oil. For a creamy, tangy, spicy addition, we mix together mayo, lemon and chili. Uhhh….yum.
How to make:
- Prep your zucchinis by slicing them into fries and removing the seeds
- Have your beaten egg ready and waiting
- Combine the ground almonds, parmesan, paprika, chili, garlic powder, salt and pepper on a plate and set it next to the bowl of egg
- Coat the bottom of a heavy frying pan (non-stick if you have one) with flaxseed oil and place over a medium-high heat
- Dip a batch of zucchini fries into the beaten egg then roll them in the almond mixture right away, making sure to coat each fry with almond mixture
- Transfer the coated zucchini fries into the hot oil and fry on all sides until golden and crispy
- Repeat until all of the fries have been cooked
- To make the mayo dip: simply stir together the mayo, lemon and chili powder
- Serve the fries hot!
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
Chicken and mushroom pie has that amazing culinary ability to comfort and nourish you no matter how you’re feeling. In this recipe, the filling is
I’m sure there are many people who would absolutely balk at the idea of replacing potatoes with Brussels sprouts. But seriously, they are such an
A light meal before a run or as a post-run snack is important, especially if it’s one you can simply pick up and eat with
If you’re having the family over for Easter lunch or dinner, a roast chicken is absolutely the way to go. It’s keto-friendly but even non-keto
Time for something a little sweet, a little fudgy, a little sticky, and a little salty…can you think of a better combo?! These peanut butter
For this incredible curry, you will need a store bought curry paste. It’s just so much easier than sourcing every ingredient you require to make