If you’re having the family over for Easter lunch or dinner, a roast chicken is absolutely the way to go. It’s keto-friendly but even non-keto family members will adore it. We serve our chicken with buttered green beans and cauliflower baked in the oven with a rich cheese sauce.
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and have a roasting dish ready and waiting (if the dish is not nonstick, rub it with a little olive oil)
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel and rub the skin with butter. Pop a little bit of butter beneath the thick skin on the top of the chicken. Stuff the lemon into the cavity with your herbs (dried or fresh). Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and place into your baking dish
- Roast the chicken in your preheated oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes (the general rule of thumb is 20 minutes per 1 pound, plus a little extra)
- As the chicken is roasting, prepare the cauliflower: place the cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl and add a little dash of water, cover the bowl and cook on high for 3 minutes until the cauliflower is just beginning to soften but not completely yielding. Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add the butter, heat until melted. Add the arrowroot starch/water mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk as you add the milk and keep whisking as the mixture thickens. Add the cheese and stir as it melts. Stir the mustard powder, salt and pepper into the sauce
- Place the cauliflower into a baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over top to coat the cauliflower. Place into the oven with the chicken (wherever you can fit it. It doesn’t matter if you tuck it onto the lower rack below the chicken). You should place the cauliflower into the oven about 20 minutes before the chicken has finished cooking, so they come out of the oven at the same time (so the cauliflower gets 20 minutes of cook time)
- About 10 minutes before the chicken and cauliflower are set to come out of the oven, cook the beans: place the butter and garlic into a saute pan over a medium heat until the butter has melted. Add the beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the beans as they soften slightly but still maintain their crunch
- Leave the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving with cauliflower, cheese sauce and buttered beans
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
This cocktail is thick, creamy, icy and tropical. It’s kind of like a dessert and a cocktail in one, due to the rich cream and
This recipe can be enjoyed for dessert or breakfast! It’s my take on the classic flavors tiramisu, made with chia seeds and Keto 22 Multi
The amazing thing about brownies is that all they really require is eggs, chocolate (and/or cocoa), fat (butter!) and something dry to bind it all
This is one of the tastiest chicken dishes of all, and it’s naturally keto friendly! It’s sharp, salty and very comforting. This recipe contains mushrooms
Pasta puttanesca is a briny, salty, uber-flavorsome pasta dish which “ladies of the night” used to make using the non-perishable food they had in their
Ever wandered the streets of an Italian city with a gelato in hand? Glorious. You can recreate that thrill at home, and without busting ketosis.