Before you throw your arms up in disgust, I know this is a completely non-Mexican dish in terms of authenticity. But I am shamelessly gimmicky when it comes to food sometimes, and I love to mix together my favorite cuisines…and this one is a hybrid of Pizza (Italy) and tacos or nachos (Mexican-American).
How to make:
- Line 2 baking trays or pizza stones with baking paper and preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the blitzed cauliflower, eggs, cheese, paprika, chili, powder, salt and pepper
- Spread the cauliflower mixture onto your lined baking trays or stones into a circle shape and pop into the oven to pre-bake for 12 minutes
- While the cauliflower base is baking, prep the topping: drizzle the olive oil into a deep sauté pan and place over a medium-high heat
- Add the beef and allow to brown for a few minutes
- Add the garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, chili powder, tomato paste and tomatoes and stir to combine. Allow to simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes
- Take the pizza bases out of the oven and spread the beef and tomato mixture over them, leaving a little clear space at the edge of the bases to prevent overspill in the oven. Top with cheese and pop back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the base is golden and the cheese is bubbly
- To serve: scatter the pizzas with fresh cilantro and dollop the sour cream over the top. Have the avocado and limes on the side so your guests can add them as they please
More Cinco De Mayo Recipes!
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
Every Easter table needs a hot, cheesy bake. We can’t have a pasta bake or potato bake, but we can have something even better…Brussels sprouts
Salmon is an incredibly nutritious fish with lots of healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied. Crispy lettuce encases hot, spicy grilled salmon, cucumber,
This is one of the tastiest chicken dishes of all, and it’s naturally keto friendly! It’s sharp, salty and very comforting. This recipe contains mushrooms
Pumpkin pie is delicious, but I think that cheesecake is far tastier in all respects. This pumpkin cheesecake recipe doesn’t feature any base or crust,
The amazing thing about brownies is that all they really require is eggs, chocolate (and/or cocoa), fat (butter!) and something dry to bind it all
Mmmm….keto brownies. You may be a little outraged to see I have added mint flavor to these brownies. By all means, if you hate mint