Ever wandered the streets of an Italian city with a gelato in hand? Glorious. You can recreate that thrill at home, and without busting ketosis. The best part about gelato is the creamy, velvety texture. Luckily for us, cream and eggs are the best ingredients for achieving such a texture and both are 100% keto approved. This recipe uses a touch of stevia to add sweetness, and uses lemon juice and zest for a tart and fragrant flavor.
How to make:
- Have an empty ice cream container or loaf pan waiting aside
- Place the cream and stevia into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat until hot and just beginning to form bubbles but not boiling, set aside
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and lemon zest in a large bowl until pale and thick
- Gently pour a little dash of hot cream into the egg yolks and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the hot cream to the egg yolks as you whisk
- Whisk the lemon juice into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared container and place into the freezer
- Give the gelato a good, hard stir every 45 minutes for the first 3 or 4 hours to ensure a thick, smooth consistency
- Leave the gelato out for a little while to let it soften before scooping and serving!
NOTE: you can use any flavors, it doesn’t have to be lemon. Vanilla bean and fresh mint are yummy choices.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
This is a dish to pull out when you’re entertaining guests and you want to serve them something impressive, tasty and balanced. Or, perhaps you’ve
Cool, creamy, coffee-spiked tiramisu is a favorite Italian dessert. However, it contains sugary biscuits which we cannot have. This recipe combines the creaminess, the coolness
For many states, Winter is in full swing and it’s an intense one. If you can, stay indoors and treat yourself to a hot dish.
If you’ve got a cast iron skillet or pan, definitely bring it out for this chicken fajita recipe! Getting a good old char on your
Thank god for cheesecake. The best aspect of it is the filling, and the filling happens to be completely full of fat and almost zero
Eggs, bacon, mushrooms, cheese and parsley all come together to create these tasty muffins filled with protein and fat. They’re more like little crustless quiches,