Ever wandered the streets of an Italian city with a gelato in hand? Glorious. You can recreate that thrill at home, and without busting ketosis. The best part about gelato is the creamy, velvety texture. Luckily for us, cream and eggs are the best ingredients for achieving such a texture and both are 100% keto approved. This recipe uses a touch of stevia to add sweetness, and uses lemon juice and zest for a tart and fragrant flavor.
How to make:
- Have an empty ice cream container or loaf pan waiting aside
- Place the cream and stevia into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat until hot and just beginning to form bubbles but not boiling, set aside
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and lemon zest in a large bowl until pale and thick
- Gently pour a little dash of hot cream into the egg yolks and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the hot cream to the egg yolks as you whisk
- Whisk the lemon juice into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared container and place into the freezer
- Give the gelato a good, hard stir every 45 minutes for the first 3 or 4 hours to ensure a thick, smooth consistency
- Leave the gelato out for a little while to let it soften before scooping and serving!
NOTE: you can use any flavors, it doesn’t have to be lemon. Vanilla bean and fresh mint are yummy choices.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
Mmmm….keto brownies. You may be a little outraged to see I have added mint flavor to these brownies. By all means, if you hate mint
A cold, velvety smoothie really hits the spot after a run when you’re not ready for a full meal but need something to refill the
If there’s one thing I love, it’s a fresh keto-friendly breakfast smoothie. I don’t always feel up to eating a proper meal, so I opt
I can’t rave enough about caprese salad, it’s simply divine. Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh, creamy buffalo mozzarella all layered up, finished with sea
Time for something a little sweet, a little fudgy, a little sticky, and a little salty…can you think of a better combo?! These peanut butter
These keto Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Muffins taste excellent. They are the perfect treat for someone looking for a low-carb keto snack or a quick on the