Ever wandered the streets of an Italian city with a gelato in hand? Glorious. You can recreate that thrill at home, and without busting ketosis. The best part about gelato is the creamy, velvety texture. Luckily for us, cream and eggs are the best ingredients for achieving such a texture and both are 100% keto approved. This recipe uses a touch of stevia to add sweetness, and uses lemon juice and zest for a tart and fragrant flavor.
How to make:
- Have an empty ice cream container or loaf pan waiting aside
- Place the cream and stevia into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat until hot and just beginning to form bubbles but not boiling, set aside
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and lemon zest in a large bowl until pale and thick
- Gently pour a little dash of hot cream into the egg yolks and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the hot cream to the egg yolks as you whisk
- Whisk the lemon juice into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared container and place into the freezer
- Give the gelato a good, hard stir every 45 minutes for the first 3 or 4 hours to ensure a thick, smooth consistency
- Leave the gelato out for a little while to let it soften before scooping and serving!
NOTE: you can use any flavors, it doesn’t have to be lemon. Vanilla bean and fresh mint are yummy choices.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
Before you throw your arms up in disgust, I know this is a completely non-Mexican dish in terms of authenticity. But I am shamelessly gimmicky
I went to a friend’s house the other day and she served me these incredible seed crackers which she had made. They were crunchy, nutty,
This is a dish to pull out when you’re entertaining guests and you want to serve them something impressive, tasty and balanced. Or, perhaps you’ve
Chicken and mushroom pie has that amazing culinary ability to comfort and nourish you no matter how you’re feeling. In this recipe, the filling is
A paper cone of hot fries and creamy sauce or dip is a crucial snack at any festival. You can’t go for the potato option,
I might be a little cheeky calling this a lasagne, as it doesn’t actually have any pasta sheets whatsoever. But it does have layers of