Ever wandered the streets of an Italian city with a gelato in hand? Glorious. You can recreate that thrill at home, and without busting ketosis. The best part about gelato is the creamy, velvety texture. Luckily for us, cream and eggs are the best ingredients for achieving such a texture and both are 100% keto approved. This recipe uses a touch of stevia to add sweetness, and uses lemon juice and zest for a tart and fragrant flavor.
How to make:
- Have an empty ice cream container or loaf pan waiting aside
- Place the cream and stevia into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat until hot and just beginning to form bubbles but not boiling, set aside
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and lemon zest in a large bowl until pale and thick
- Gently pour a little dash of hot cream into the egg yolks and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the hot cream to the egg yolks as you whisk
- Whisk the lemon juice into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared container and place into the freezer
- Give the gelato a good, hard stir every 45 minutes for the first 3 or 4 hours to ensure a thick, smooth consistency
- Leave the gelato out for a little while to let it soften before scooping and serving!
NOTE: you can use any flavors, it doesn’t have to be lemon. Vanilla bean and fresh mint are yummy choices.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
For peanut lovers, this is the best keto smoothie ever. Avocado provides the thick base, cream adds creamy fattiness, and cinnamon gives a hit of
This is one of my favorite kinds of cocktails…fresh, light, subtle and thirst quenching. Perfect to serve in Summer months, with fresh strawberries and cooling
This stew is slow cooked to really bring out the rich flavors of the meat, the wine, the herbs and the mushrooms. The earthy flavor
For many states, Winter is in full swing and it’s an intense one. If you can, stay indoors and treat yourself to a hot dish.
Pasta puttanesca is a briny, salty, uber-flavorsome pasta dish which “ladies of the night” used to make using the non-perishable food they had in their
While lemon is basically the opposite of chocolate in every way, it still deserves a spot on the Easter menu, especially if it comes in