You can definitely find meat on a stick at most music festivals, especially if it’s deliciously charred and served with a taste-bomb sauce and a scattering of fresh herbs. These skewers string together our tender chicken pieces, slathered with salty, spicy, creamy satay sauce.
How to make:
- Fire up your barbecue or place a griddle pan over a high heat on your stove
- Rub your chicken cubes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Thread your chicken onto your skewers, leaving a gap at the end so you can easily carry the skewer
- Place the chicken skewers onto the hot barbeque or griddle and cook on all sides until cooked in the middle and slightly charred on the outside
- Make the satay sauce: drizzle the oil onto a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir as they soften. Add the peanut butter, peanuts, coconut cream, tamari, lime juice, chili, salt and pepper and stir as everything melts harmoniously together. Set aside
- Once the chicken is cooked through, use a pastry brush to paint the satay sauce onto the skewers so that each piece of chicken is generously coated
- Serve on a paper plate with a scattering of fresh cilantro
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
This is one of the tastiest chicken dishes of all, and it’s naturally keto friendly! It’s sharp, salty and very comforting. This recipe contains mushrooms
For peanut lovers, this is the best keto smoothie ever. Avocado provides the thick base, cream adds creamy fattiness, and cinnamon gives a hit of
If you’re a runner, (either a whip-fast pro or total beginner), and you’re also on keto, you may be feeling slightly concerned or confused about
This is one of my favorite kinds of cocktails…fresh, light, subtle and thirst quenching. Perfect to serve in Summer months, with fresh strawberries and cooling
The inspiration from this recipe comes from an incredible recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi. The original recipe contains chickpeas, which we cannot have, but I find
Only half a cup of blueberries is enough to give this smoothie color, flavor and antioxidant action. The almond butter is perfect for fats, texture