Cauliflower lends itself so well to all kinds of dishes and sides, just look how cauliflower rice has taken off! To replace that creamy, buttery goodness of mashed potatoes, we simply swap the starch for cauli and leave everything else basically the same.
How to make:
- Place the cauliflower florets into a pot and add enough water so they are just covered, season with salt
- Pop the lid onto the pot and place over a medium heat until the water is boiling, then remove the lid to avoid overflow
- Check the cauliflower every couple of minutes, you want them to be soft but not completely mushy
- Drain the cauliflower and add the butter, cream cheese, and cheddar right away so the heat melts everything together
- With a potato masher, mash the cauliflower vigorously to create a smooth, creamy texture. You could use a hand-held stick blender if you want a super velvety texture
- Add the parsley, salt, and pepper, taste to check if the seasoning is right, and add more salt, pepper, or parsley if need be