These keto dinner rolls are inspired by this fantastic recipe by Hey Keto Mama, with a few tweaks here and there. I find that buttery dinner rolls are one of the hardest things to resist when following a ketogenic or low carb diet. Thankfully, these buns allow us to enjoy the soft, warm, butteriness without the ketosis-ruining carb count.
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the mozzarella, cheddar, and cream cheese into a large pot and place over a low-medium heat
- Stir as the cheeses melt together to form a smooth mixture
- Leave the cheese mixture to cool slightly
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine
- Add the ground almonds, flaxseed, and baking soda and stir to combine
- Shape the dough into 12 balls, (it might be very sticky and difficult but try your best, it does not need to be tidy) and place onto the lined tray
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the top and cooked through (press them and if they bounce back slightly they’re done).
- Brush the melted butter over top of the hot, cooked buns and sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt
- Serve warm!