We’ve gotta have something super trendy and “wow factor” worthy on this list. I refuse to buy into the rainbow food or crazy milkshake trend, but charcoal ice cream I can get on board with. You do need activated charcoal powder for this recipe, but it’s a good ingredient to have on hand anyway, as it’s great for supporting the gut.
How to make:
- Have a freezer-safe airtight container standing by
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, erythritol, charcoal and egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth, set aside
- Pour the cream into a heatproof bowl
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and place over a low-medium heat
- Allow the cream to become hot but not boiling
- Pour about a third of the hot cream into the egg mixture and whisk as you pour
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the rest of the hot cream and place the bowl back over the heat so that all of the ingredients are combined and heating together
- Keep whisking as the mixture slightly thickens
- Pour the mixture into your prepared freezer-safe container and leave to cool until warm
- Place a lid over the container and pop it into the fridge
- Every hour, give the ice cream a good, hard stir so that it freezes to a soft and creamy texture as opposed to a hard, icy texture.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
Salmon is an incredibly nutritious fish with lots of healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied. Crispy lettuce encases hot, spicy grilled salmon, cucumber,
I can’t rave enough about caprese salad, it’s simply divine. Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh, creamy buffalo mozzarella all layered up, finished with sea
For this incredible curry, you will need a store bought curry paste. It’s just so much easier than sourcing every ingredient you require to make
This is more of an ice-based drink than a smoothie as it doesn’t have a creamy base. This is a drink to turn to when
For peanut lovers, this is the best keto smoothie ever. Avocado provides the thick base, cream adds creamy fattiness, and cinnamon gives a hit of
Unlike your average cup of coffee, which gives you a short-lived spike in energy, butter coffee leaves you feeling awake, full, and energized for hours.