We’ve gotta have something super trendy and “wow factor” worthy on this list. I refuse to buy into the rainbow food or crazy milkshake trend, but charcoal ice cream I can get on board with. You do need activated charcoal powder for this recipe, but it’s a good ingredient to have on hand anyway, as it’s great for supporting the gut.
How to make:
- Have a freezer-safe airtight container standing by
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, erythritol, charcoal and egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth, set aside
- Pour the cream into a heatproof bowl
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and place over a low-medium heat
- Allow the cream to become hot but not boiling
- Pour about a third of the hot cream into the egg mixture and whisk as you pour
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the rest of the hot cream and place the bowl back over the heat so that all of the ingredients are combined and heating together
- Keep whisking as the mixture slightly thickens
- Pour the mixture into your prepared freezer-safe container and leave to cool until warm
- Place a lid over the container and pop it into the fridge
- Every hour, give the ice cream a good, hard stir so that it freezes to a soft and creamy texture as opposed to a hard, icy texture.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOU INBOX!?
Signup For the Keto 22 Newsletter!
Keto 22 Multi Collagen Protein Powder
Perfect for smoothies, shakes, and recipes!
These bowls are fantastic for breakfast or as a pre-run snack. The fat and protein from the yogurt will keep you full without adding too
I’m not usually one to get on board with the “deconstructed” food trend, but when it comes to keto, we have to get creative with
A cold, velvety smoothie really hits the spot after a run when you’re not ready for a full meal but need something to refill the
Start your Cinco de Mayo celebration with a cold, thick, icy, frozen margarita slushy. This recipe is super sour and has a tiny dash of
This is a dish to pull out when you’re entertaining guests and you want to serve them something impressive, tasty and balanced. Or, perhaps you’ve
Pumpkin pie is delicious, but I think that cheesecake is far tastier in all respects. This pumpkin cheesecake recipe doesn’t feature any base or crust,